The SCAC investigates, initiates and develops programs and events to address issues that impact the industry. SCAC focus areas include:
- Innovation: Spotlight automotive innovation and R&D in the automotive ecosystem; identify commercial ready technologies for preview during IngeniousSC!, a component of the annual SC Automotive Summit. Promote advanced manufacturing excellence and sustainability; identify and present integrated technologies, automation advance and future trends.
- Supplier Development: Partner with manufacturers, suppliers, economic developers and SC Dept. of Commerce to facilitate new business connections and to identify gaps in the supplier base for targeted economic development. Provide suppliers access to resources and export opportunities. The SCAC initiated the Automotive B2B Supplier Matchmaker cohosted with the SC Department of Commerce to connect OEM and Tier 1 manufacturers with their supplier network.
- Workforce Development: Provide strategic direction for workforce initiatives to support manufacturing; create avenues to improve the industry perception; provide students with manufacturing exposure; communicate career opportunities to students, parents and educators; and promote SC Future Makers powered by STEMPremier, the new online platform designed to draw new talent into the pipeline.
- Financial Management: Share best practices and key strategies; connect financial decision makers to resources to evaluate opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Legislative and Labor: Advocate for legislation that impacts the automotive industry and update manufacturers of critical changes. Learn more about the SC Manufacturers Alliance.
- SC Auto Week: A public celebration, initiated by the SCAC and proclaimed by SC Governor Nikki Haley, to highlight the economic impact of the industry, to attract new talent to manufacturing and to spotlight the significant research, development and technology in the state that supports advanced manufacturing.
- The Annual SC Automotive Summit: A signature 3-day industry conference and highlight of SC Auto Week. With global to regional perspectives, the Summit draws industry executives, economic developers, educators and logistics professionals and provides opportunities to learn from industry experts, to facilitate new business connections, and to share groundbreaking innovations that impact the industry.
If you find these initiatives, partnerships and programs valuable to your company’s success, contact Catherine Hayes, Executive Director of the SC Automotive Council, for more information or to join the SCAC: email@example.com or 864.283.7109. We welcome your input for future programming and your suggestions to serve the industry more effectively.